6.03.2008

Doubt, Get Thee Behind Me ...

Tomorrow is going to be awesome. You know it. I know it.

But doubt sets in anyway. Especially when you look in your checking account and see *just enough* to cover the rent (no more) and then you call up your savings account and you see the grand sum of $7.45 (no, I did not misplace that decimal point; my sanity, maybe, but the decimal point, no) and you start to groan "What was I thinking?? What did I doooo??"

Like I needed another hobby, right? Here's what I emailed a friend:

It's back to really squeezing the pennies for me. I have been going mucho overboard of late. And it's not as if I'm flyin' with any kind of net here. I understand one can actually buy an ancient small hand letterpress for somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 or so. And then there are the fonts. And the cuts. And the paper. And the ink (or you can go inkless and blind deboss instead ...) And I checked out from the library a couple of books about making books (which is how I put it to the young fellow behind the desk at the library so he enters "book making" in his puter's search field and comes up with books about gambling. Har har. It took us a while to finally realize that what was wanted was bookbinding, not bookmaking.) Fancy papers. Bone folders. Yummy textiles. OMG.


What, me worry?

Perish the thought. I'm marching straight on to forever and not looking back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Go, Girl!